Journey 2 Employment (J2E) is a peer led support programme. focusing on supporting disabled people, and people with long term health conditions back into or closer to employment. The aim of the course is to break down barriers faced by disabled people, and those with a long term health condition who wish to move into or closer to employment. It is a specialist course delivered by a person with expert and lived knowledge of disability called the community employment specialist (CES) It is a voluntary programme which is tailored to each participant on an individual basis, creating personalised action plans for each participant to work towards.
The group environment aims to encourage participants to form strong bonds, share experiences, work through issues such as confidence, motivation and how to manage health conditions including mental health.
In addition J2E works to change attitudes towards employment and encourage an environment of “I can” rather than “I can’t”.
The course is 12 weeks long. After the course has ended participants can still avail of support from the CES, as there is an employment HUB running weekly.
The employment HUB provides 1 to 1 support for any participant who needs additional support from the CES. This includes further support with completing job applications and searching for jobs.
The workshops delivered in J2E are as follows:
- Information about access to work and reasonable adjustments within the workplace
- Managing mental health such as anxiety and depression
- CV writing and interview techniques
- Mindfulness, stress management and condition management
- Looking at potential voluntary opportunities and work experience
- Outside trips and visits to and from employers
- Workshops on team building and confidence building
- Assessing and developing IT Skills and how to look for and apply for jobs
- Independent travel training
- Financial management and better off in work calculations
- IT Course (Employability Award)
- First Aid qualification
For further information please email email@example.com